We respect the privacy of our customers and business partners, and treat personally identifiable information provided by them as confidential. We will collect, use and store such information with all due care and diligence, in accordance with all applicable laws in the UK. Astor Court Hotel is “Data Controller” for the data we collect and process. This Statement explains what information we collect, how we use it, and how this can benefit your experience of our website. Please take a moment to read the sections below.
WHAT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU DO WE COLLECT?
We only collect adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed (‘data minimisation’);
We therefore collect your information only to operate effectively and provide you with the best experiences with our services.
The specific kind of information collected will depend on the context of your interactions with us, and the services you use. The following are examples of the information that may be collected:
- Contact information (name, email address, mailing address, phone number, fax number, ID and passport number);
- Payment information (payment card: numbers and expiry date upon PCI DSS rules, billing address, and bank account information);
- Demographic data (age, gender, country, and preferred language);
- Information related to your reservation, stay, or visit at Astor Court Hotel (date of arrival and departure, and goods and services purchased);
- Information necessary to fulfill your special requests and/or specific accommodations (preferences, accompanying guest name, and number of children and ages);
- Loyalty program member information;
- Information collected through security systems (closed circuit television systems – CCTV, electronic card key, Internet login and firewalls); and
- Non-personally identifiable information about you (the use and interaction with our website, communication preferences, aggregated data relative to your stays, and responses to promotional offers).
We collect this information in the following way:
- Information provided by you: We receive and store information you enter on our website or give us in any other way, including:
- use our online reservations
- stay as a guest at the hotel
- subscribe to our newsletters
- submit enquiries and feedback forms
- correspondence with us – interaction with our employees limited to legitimate interest
- respond to promotions and other communications
- submit a job application
- Automatic Information: When you use or interact with our website and/or use any apps that we may make available on our website, we receive and store information generated by your activity and information automatically collected from your browser or mobile device. For example, like many websites, we obtain certain information when your web browser accesses our website including your IP address, browser type, operating system, mobile network data, pages viewed and access times. This information helps us to communicate with our customers and better understand them.
- Security Systems: When you visit our property, information may be collected about you through closed circuit television system (CCTV), electronic key cards and other security systems.
- Information from other sources: We may receive information about you from other Third Parties. This may include information from your travel agent, loyalty program, credit card, and other Third Parties.
- Age Limitations: Astor Court Hotel does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from any person under the age of 18. Astor Court Hotel may collect personally identifiable information from people under the age of 18 as part of the guest registration process, but always with the consent of such person’s parent or guardian.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We collect your information only to operate effectively and provide you with the best experiences with our services. We collect, use, and disclose the information it collects for the following purposes:
- Fulfillment of reservation and other purchases: We may process information relating to transactions that you enter into with us and/or through our website (“transaction data”). The transaction data may be processed for the purpose of completing your room reservation, supplying the purchased goods and services, customizing our services to your preferences, seeking your feedback on your stay at our properties, and keeping proper records of those transactions.
- Guest Relations: To offer hospitality services and goods based on your preferences and prior stays at Astor Court Hotel. The information may be used for future voluntary loyalty programs operated by us.
- Response to enquiries: We may process information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us (“correspondence data”). The correspondence data may include the communication content and metadata associated with the communication (such as groups, meetings and events). The correspondence data may be processed for the purposes of communicating with you and record-keeping.
- Internal Business Purposes: For our internal business purposes, developing new products, enhancing the website, improving our services, identifying usage trends and visiting patterns, determining the effectiveness of our promotions, evaluating Third Parties performance (such as Travel Agencies), predicating our yield and occupancy, and meeting contractual obligations.
- Administrative and other communications: To send you important information regarding our website, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies, or other administrative information (e.g., information about your travel reservations, such as confirmation emails).
- Marketing and promotions: To communicate news and promotions to you regarding Astor Court Hotel related products and services we think may be of interest to you; including ACH Meeting Rooms.
- Safety and security: To maintain your safety and security as well as that of other guests and staff, while you visit at Astor Court Hotel.
- Our legal duties: To comply with legal and regulatory requirements or demands in accordance with applicable law, regulations, or other legal process.
The legal basis for processing your personal information is made up of one or more of the following reasons:
- Your consent.
- Providing the services, you have requested.
- Compliance with applicable laws, regulations or other legal process.
- Legitimate Business Interest.
WHO ARE THE RECIPIENTS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Your personal data being confidential, only persons duly authorized by us can access your personal data, apart from their possible transmission to the bodies in charge of a control or inspection in accordance with the applicable regulations.
All persons who have access to your personal data are bound by an obligation of confidentiality.
These persons include the staff authorized within the company and its affiliates. Our service providers may also be required to process personal data strictly necessary for the performance of the services we entrust them with (mission, electronic and postal dissemination, logistics and catering, etc.).
As a hotel it is essential that we share information in order to provide you with and to maintain the best possible service. The specific kind of information we share will depend on the context of your interactions with Astor Court Hotel, and the services you use. Accordingly, your personal information may be shared with the following parties insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes, and on the legal bases, set out in this policy:
- A representative or travel advisor that has supplied us with your personal information (for example, your travel agent, personal assistant, employer or spouse who has provided us with your details)
- Our marketing and advertisement partners to provide you with more-relevant ads on our site and to encourage you to return to our site. These partners will not use your data for any other purpose than our legitimate interest of direct marketing and you will always have the right to object.
DOES ASTOR COURT HOTEL TRANSFER INFORMATION OVERSEAS?
Any data processing is held within the UK. If require, for any reason, to transfer information outside EU borders; the request will be examined by us.
In this specific case, be sure that we will verify that appropriate measures have been put in place to ensure that your personal data benefits from an adequate level of protection (in particular through standard contractual clauses of the European Commission or the Data Protection Shield set up between the European Union and the United States).
HOW SECURE IS YOUR INFORMATION?
We implement reasonable administrative, organizational and technical safeguards and security measures to protect personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, destruction or alteration, accidental loss, misuse or damage. We regularly review and monitor such safeguards and security measures.
When disclosure of data to third parties is necessary and authorized, we ensure that these third parties guarantee the same level of data protection as that offered to them by us and requires contractual guarantees so that the data are exclusively processed for the purposes you have previously accepted, and with the required confidentiality and security.
HOW LONG WILL ASTOR COURT HOTEL KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
To the extent permissible by applicable law, we will retain your personal information for such period as necessary to satisfy or to fulfill the following:
- The purposes for which that personal information was provided,
- An identifiable and ongoing business need, including record keeping, fraud prevention, or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation
- A specific legal, regulatory, tax or accounting requirement
- A requirement to retain records that may be relevant to any notified regulatory investigations or active legal proceedings.
Where there is no sufficient justification to retain such personal information, such personal information will be safely and securely deleted and/or anonymized.
In particular, we apply the following retention period for personal data:
- Personal data of customers/prospects/business partners: as long as the user is active and, at the latest, 5 years after the last contact with the user.
- Personal data of candidates (recruitment): time needed to process the application and, in case of a negative outcome, 6 months after the last contact (unless the candidate agrees to a longer period).
WHAT CAN YOU DO IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS OR WANT TO ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
You may be aware that the European Union General Data Protection Regulation gives certain rights to individuals in relation to their personal information – including the right of access to the personal information we hold about them, right of rectification, right to erasure, right to restrict data processing, right to data portability, right to complain to a supervisory authority and the right to withdraw consent.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal information, please contact us as described on Section 10 below.
WHAT ABOUT COOKIES?
Please refer to our Cookies Policy.
WHAT ABOUT LINKED WEBSITES?
The linking of third party websites to this website does not indicate any association with or endorsement by us. We do not assume responsibility or liability for any content presented by or contained on any independent website, including, but not limited to, any advertising claims or marketing practices.
HOW TO CONTACT US?
In addition to our rights of disclosure as mentioned hereinabove, we may also disclose your personal information when required by law or court order, or as requested by other government or law enforcement authorities, or in the good faith that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable including and without limitation to protect the rights of our hotel. This also applies when, in compliance with applicable laws, we have reason to believe that disclosing the personal information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing interference with our rights, whether intentionally or otherwise, or when anyone else could be harmed by such activities.
The information and material in this site are for general references only. Our hotel disclaims any warranty or representation of any kind, express or implied, as to any matter whatsoever relating to this site or any linked site. To the fullest extent allowed by law, our hotel shall accept no responsibility or liability in respect of any loss or damage howsoever arising.
Copyright and Trademark Notices
All contents of this website are: ©2017-2018 Astor Court Hotel. 20 Hallam Street, London W1W 6JQ. All rights reserved. This website may contain or reference trademarks, patents, copyrighted materials, trade secrets, technologies, products, processes or other intellectual property or proprietary rights of Astor Court Hotel. No license to or right in any such trademarks, patents, copyrighted materials, trade secrets, technologies, products, processes and other intellectual property or proprietary right is granted to or conferred upon you.